When it comes to throwing a big event, catering is one of the biggest costs you’ll face. Whether you’re hosting a wedding, corporate function, or birthday party, keeping your catering costs low can be a challenge. But with the right planning and preparation, it’s possible to keep your catering budget in check while still providing delicious food for your guests. Continue reading to learn some helpful, real-world tips on how to keep your catering costs low for big events.
Average Cost of Catering a Large Event
Hosting a large event is undoubtedly a significant undertaking, with many details to consider: the venue, decor, and most importantly, catering. Catering costs can quickly add up, and setting a budget is crucial when planning. The average cost of catering for a large event can vary greatly depending on factors such as the number of guests, type of cuisine, and level of service required.
Although it is not the only business model used among catering companies, most large event catering prices are calculated on a per-head basis. Using this model, catering prices might range anywhere from $15 to $150 per person. It’s essential to work with a trusted Peachtree City caterer who can help guide you through the process and provide a realistic breakdown of the catering price sheet. With careful planning and consideration, your large event catering can be both memorable and cost-effective.
Effective Ways to Reduce Event Catering Costs
Organizing a big event entails significant catering expenses, whether it’s a wedding, corporate event, or birthday party. It can be challenging to control catering costs, but with proper planning, it’s achievable. Here are some tips to keep your catering expenses to a minimum and still serve delightful food for your guests:
1. Research the Catering Services in Your Area: There are lots of catering services out there, so do your research and find one that offers reasonable rates for the quality of food they provide. Ask around to get referrals from friends and family members who have used different caterers before. Make sure you read reviews online too, so you can make an informed decision.
2. Opt for Local Food Vendors: Instead of going with a catering service, see if there are any local restaurants that offer delivery or catering services at competitive prices. This way, you’ll be able to support small businesses while potentially saving money on your event’s budget. It’s always a good idea to call ahead and find out if they offer discounts for larger orders.
3. Reduce Waste: Order only as much food as you think your guests will eat to avoid wasting money on uneaten food. Also, try to choose menu items that don’t require a lot of preparation and decorations, which can add up quickly in terms of costs.
4. Consider Bringing in Your Own Food: If you have the time and skill set, consider bringing in some of your own food or ingredients to use in your catering service’s dishes. This is a great way to save money while still providing high-quality food for your event.
5. Opt For Buffet-Style Service: Buffets are usually cheaper than sit-down meals and are a good way to feed large groups of people. Guests will be able to choose the dishes they like, which can help keep food waste at a minimum.
By doing your research, you’ll be able to find the right catering service that fits within your budget. With some creative thinking and proper planning, you can save money on catering costs while still providing delicious food for your guests.
Looking for full-service event catering that meets the budget requirement? Contact Food for Thought Catering at 678-340-0510 for professional large event catering in Peachtree City, Georgia. We also help with décor, themes, vendors, and more. Request a consultation today!
Enhance Your Event With These 3 Catering Tips
The Average Cost of Catering a Large Group
Cost-Saving Advice for Catering a Party